#KeepNCSafe! Overturn Charlotte’s Bathroom Ordinance to Protect Women, Children, & Business in NC!
Today, we launch a #KeepNCSafe statewide petition urging Governor McCrory and the General Assembly to stop the Charlotte bathroom ordinance and Keep NC Safe. Will you sign today?
Allowing men to use women’s bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms puts women and children in grave danger.
The Charlotte City Council and Mayor Roberts passed their bathroom bill in spite of over 21,000 people urging them to reconsider because of the scary consequences this bill would have on women, children, businesses, and churches.
But it isn’t just the people of Charlotte that are worried. All of North Carolina has expressed great concern. And for good reason.
The Charlotte Bathroom Ordinance will go into effect on April 1st. The General Assembly is scheduled to meet for their Short Session on April 25th. If a SPECIAL SESSION of the General Assembly is not called prior to April 1st to take legislative action, men will be allowed to enter women’s bathrooms and locker rooms for at least 25 days in Charlotte.
This 25-day gap causes a whole host of potential problems:
– A woman or child could be sexually assaulted in a bathroom or locker room. Even one case of rape or assult by delaying corrective action would be too many.
– The anxiety and trauma of women who have been previously raped or sexually assaulted will be elevated by the new ordinance every time they need to use a public bathroom.
– Business owners will face fines of $500 per day or possible jail time for violating the ordinance.
– Businesses from all across North Carolina who are doing business with the City of Charlotte will be forced to adopt policies that violate their strongly held beliefs or else their contracts will be rescinded and they will lose significant income.
– The ordinance makes no exemptions for churches or schools. Churches will be forced to allow men to enter their women’s bathrooms, and schools will be mandated to allow boys to shower with girls.
It’s time to take action.
Please go to www.keepNCsafe.org and sign the petition urging Governor McCrory and the General Assembly to take immediate action to #KeepNCsafe.
FORWARD THIS EMAIL to ten of your friends and family and ask that they do the same. In order to be effective in this effort, it will take every single one of us.
Let everyone know on Facebook and Twitter about the #KeepNCsafe petition.
Thank you for your help in this effort. We will keep you updated on any new developments.